York Rite Sovereign College
The first York Rite College was constituted on June 15, 1957 in the City of Jackson, Michigan. From here, the new organization spread rapidly from coast to coast and from north to south and Colleges have been established in all 50 States, Canada and the Phillipines.
Membership in a College is by invitation, and is restricted to those who hold membership in all of the other York Rite bodies. Since the primary object of every College is to foster a spirit of service and to promote and support the York Rite in every way possible, it is no surprise to find many of the leaders of the Craft numbered among its ranks. Here they find a common ground from which the can act for the welfare of all York Rite bodies without special favor to any. Colleges have been active in the organization of York Rite Festivals, degree teams, drill corps, and many other functions which serve to assist, coordinate, and unify the Rite.
The purpose of the York Rite Sovereign College of North America, as set forth in its Constitution and By-Laws, are as follows:
- To foster a spirit of cooperation an coordination among each of the Bodies of York Rite Masonry
- To assist in worthy efforts to improve the ritualistic and dramatic presentation of York Rite work
- To conduct an education program in order to inculcate a greater appreciation of the principles, ideals and programs of York Rite Masonry
- To strengthen York Rite Masonry in every possible manner
- To build up a love of country and to aid and support genuine Americanism
- To reward outstanding service to York Rite Masonry by awards, honors and other methods of proper recognition
- To support Charitable and Benevolent Endeavors of Freemasonry
There are 3 Colleges in Arizona:
Further information is available from the York Rite Sovereign College of North America.