York Rite members can choose from a wide variety of events to attend and participate in, beyond those Stated Events. In addition to the normal Conclaves, Assemblies and Convocations each month there will be practices, educational offerings, and community activities to enjoy. Your body’s presiding officers or their designates will discuss with you what programs are available and how you can get involved.
Your attendance at our regular events is very important to you and to your York Rite bodies. It affords you the opportunity to learn the ritual and workings of each body, participate in degree work and education and benefit from the “further light” which is available to you.
Some of these occur on a regular basis. Here is a partial list:
- Easter Observance—Commandery observance of Easter, may be opened to the Public
- Degree Festivals—in the Winter and Spring, there are generally one or more Degree Festivals where York Rite Degrees and Orders are conferred on new Candidates. Phoenix and Southern Arizona currently have an Annual festival.
- Mid-year Meeting—a mid-year meeting of the Grand York Rite Bodies to discuss business for the Grand Sessions. This is open to all interested members and is a great way to meet your Grand Officers. Generally the 3rd Saturday in March.
- Knights Templar Ball—Annual York Rite formal event, opened to the public.
- Grand Sessions—the annual meeting of the Grand York Rite Bodies. Similar to Grand Communication. Any Sir Knight may attend but only Pedestal Officers and Past Presiding Officers may vote. Generally held in August.
- Colorado River Fall Festival—the premier annual Festival, York Rite Members from 5 states get together in Laughlin, NV for Degrees and Orders conferral. Generally held the 3rd weekend of October.
- Southwest Department Conference—meeting with General Grand Chapter, General Grand Council and Grand Encampment officers, generally held at the end of October.
- Christmas Observance—Commandery observance of Christmas, may be opened to the public.
As with your other Masonic travels, you are encouraged to travel to other Chapters, Councils and Commanderies and share in the unique Friendship and Brotherly Love that is found within the York Rite..