2018 Holy Land Pilgrimage
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION OF MINISTERS
The following are the selection criteria suggested for use in choosing ministers for the Knight Templar Holy Land Pilgrimage. Please carefully consider these guidelines before inviting ministers to apply.
Please take careful note, the guidelines have recently changed.
Ministers to be considered should:
- Have never traveled to the Holy Land before.
- Be serving in some form of Credentialed Ministry (Ordained, Certified, Licensed, etc.). A copy of the minster’s credentials (certificate or letter) is to accompany the nomination form.
- Be currently serving in a leadership ministry, with regular preaching responsibility. This means that they are employed by the church in a leadership role and that ministry is considered their primary source of income.
- Have served at least one year in full time ministry in a primary leadership role as pastor / minister.
- Have at least ten years of full time service remaining in their active ministry. This opportunity is intended to enhance the ongoing preaching, teaching and overall biblical understanding of the participant, and in turn, benefit those they serve.
- Be of good physical health (if the idea of walking a brisk mile or more – uphill, non-stop, with steps - is a concern, this may not be the program from which this person would benefit). This is a physically rigorous program.
- Be willing to travel with an ecumenical group of other ministers from many denominations and religious groups, both male and female ministers, and maintain a professional and courteous attitude toward all.
- Be willing to travel in a program sponsored by the Grand Encampment of Knights Templar of the USA, an appendant organization of Freemasonry.
- Be willing to travel without their spouse. This is non-negotiable.
- Have the understanding that this is a strenuous educational and spiritual study seminar / historical & cultural immersion experience and not a vacation trip